|Old Dominion||D Painter 11.6||D Painter 8.0||K Palmore 2.9|
|Georgia State||R Hunter 16.4||M Atkins 6.2||D White 3.6|
Old Dominion travels to GSU Sports Arena on Saturday to take on Georgia State. It gets started at 2:00 EST. The Monarchs lost to the Panthers 69-54 on January 19th and are 6-2 against them over the last four years.
Old Dominion is currently in 11th place in the CAA and Georgia State is in 4th place.
The Monarchs fell 68-66 to Towson on January 30th. DeShawn Painter finished with 20 points and 9 rebounds in the loss. He contributes a team-high 11.6 points per game and 8.0 rebounds per game. For the Panthers, R.J. Hunter put up 27 points and 5 assists in the 78-73 win over Northeastern on January 30th. His 16.4 points per game is the highest mark on the team. Georgia State will hope to exploit their strength in turnover percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 18.6 in this area ranks 2nd in the conference and 90th in the country.
Georgia State StatSmack
- DeShawn Painter is ranked 5th in the CAA in rebounds.
- Richard Ross is ranked 5th in the CAA in blocks.
- Keenan Palmore is ranked 3rd in the CAA in steals.
- People just expect us to beat you. Old Dominion has been the favorite 13 out of the last 14 times.
- At least you keep showing up. Old Dominion has an average margin of victory of 16 over Georgia State in 13 wins since 1980.
- Old Dominion takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Georgia State (4 vs 0).
- The Old Dominion basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Georgia State (63% vs 36%).
- The Old Dominion rebounding leader (DeShawn Painter) has more rebounds than the Georgia State rebounding leader (Manny Atkins).
- Old Dominion can actually jump, with more rebounds (37.4 per game vs 32.1 per game) than Georgia State this season.