Auburn vs. Missouri: Full Game Preview
|Auburn||F Sullivan 16.8||R Chubb 7.8||J Wallace 3.4|
|Missouri||L Bowers 16.3||A Oriakhi 8.3||P Pressey 7.1|
On Saturday, No. 17 Missouri plays host to Auburn at Mizzou Arena. Tip-off is at 1:30 EST and you can catch it on SEC Network.
Missouri is in 5th place in the conference, Auburn is in 10th place.
The Missouri Tigers were defeated by LSU 73-70 on January 30th despite 25 points and 5 assists from Phil Pressey. On top of his scoring average of 12.6 points per game, he delivers 7.1 assists per game. For the Auburn Tigers, Frankie Sullivan finished with 13 points in the 57-49 loss to Georgia on January 30th. His 16.8 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
In terms of team stats, Missouri has an advantage in a single key area, scoring, where the Missouri Tigers have an edge over the Auburn Tigers, 75 points per game to 67 points per game.
- Missouri has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (76.25% to 48.99%).
- Missouri can actually jump, with more rebounds (42.6 per game vs 35.8 per game) than Auburn this season.
- The Missouri blocks leader (Alex Oriakhi) has more blocks than the Auburn blocks leader (Asauhn Dixon-Tatum).
- Missouri players are more experienced than Auburn players (14,433 minutes played vs 12,543 minutes played).
- The Missouri basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Auburn (44% vs 27%).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Missouri is superior to Auburn (Latest AP Poll: #17 vs Not Ranked).
- Auburn has been ducking Missouri for over 30 years.
- Missouri takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Auburn (5 vs 1).
- We beat real teams. Missouri has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Auburn this season (3 vs 0).
- Alex Oriakhi is ranked 3rd in the SEC in rebounds and 6th in the SEC in blocks.
- It's only wins and losses, but Missouri has a better overall record than Auburn this season (15-4 vs 8-11).
|D||Brian Greene Jr||12||3||1||1||1||0||1|