|Green Bay||K Sykes 15.4||J Fouse 7.1||K Sykes 4.2|
|Loyola (IL)||B Averkamp 15.5||B Averkamp 6.7||C Payne 4.3|
On Saturday, Loyola (Chicago) hosts Green Bay at Joseph J. Gentile Arena. Tip-off is at 2:00 EST and you can catch it on CSN-CHI or ESPN3.com. The Ramblers lost to the Phoenix 58-45 on January 9th and are 2-7 against them over the last four years.
Loyola (Chicago) is in 7th place in the conference, Green Bay is in 4th place.
In a 76-65 win over Milwaukee on January 30th, Ben Averkamp put up 22 points and 12 rebounds for the Ramblers. With 15.5 points per game, 6.7 rebounds per game, and 1.2 blocks per game, he leads the team in all three categories. For the Phoenix, Jordan Fouse put up 6 points and 7 rebounds in the 60-57 loss to UIC on January 31st. He leads the team in rebounds with 7.1 per game and steals with 1.5 per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Green Bay is strong in the following categories: free throw rate at 41.9 and defensive rebounding percentage at 72.2.
Green Bay StatSmack
- Devon Turk is ranked 6th in the Horizon in three-pointers.
- Cully Payne is ranked 4th in the Horizon in assists.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Loyola currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (976 to 941) than Green Bay, per the NCAA.
- Christian Thomas is ranked 8th in the Horizon in rebounds.
- It's only wins and losses, but Loyola has a better overall record than Green Bay this season (13-8 vs 11-11).
- Ben Averkamp is ranked 4th in the Horizon in points, 3rd in the Horizon in rebounds, and 4th in the Horizon in blocks.
- The Loyola three-point leader (Devon Turk) has more three-pointers than the Green Bay three-point leader (Sultan Muhammad).
- Loyola players are more experienced than Green Bay players (11,089 minutes played vs 10,785 minutes played).
- Better not leave your building. Loyola has a better record on the road than Green Bay this season (6-4 vs 1-9).
- At least you keep showing up. Loyola has an average margin of victory of 10 over Green Bay in 15 wins since 1994.