|Cal Poly||C Eversley 16.4||C Eversley 7.6||J Johnson 4.2|
|Long Beach State||J Ennis 17.0||J Ennis 6.8||M Caffey 4.3|
On Saturday, Long Beach State hosts Cal Poly at The Walter Pyramid. The game gets underway at 7:05 EST and it can be seen on FSN-PT. The 49ers lost to the Mustangs 79-73 on January 3rd and are 8-2 against them over the last four years.
Cal Poly is in 4th place in the conference and Long Beach State is in 1st place.
In a 57-55 triumph over UC-Santa Barbara on January 30th, James Ennis put up 16 points for the 49ers. A stat-sheet stuffer, he leads the team with 17.0 points per game, 6.8 rebounds per game, and 1.7 blocks per game. For the Mustangs, Chris Eversley put up 15 points in the 52-45 loss to UC Irvine on January 30th. With 16.4 points per game and 7.6 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. One category in which Cal Poly is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 15.4, ranking 1st in their conference (and 3rd nationally).
Cal Poly StatSmack
- The Long Beach State scoring leader (James Ennis) has more points than the Cal Poly scoring leader (Chris Eversley).
- Long Beach State has a better conference record than Cal Poly this season (8-1 vs 5-4).
- The Long Beach State steals leader (Michael Caffey) has more steals than the Cal Poly steals leader (Jamal Johnson).
- Better not leave your building. Long Beach State has a better record on the road than Cal Poly this season (5-6 vs 2-9).
- The Long Beach State blocks leader (James Ennis) has more blocks than the Cal Poly blocks leader (Brian Bennett).
- Long Beach State is better under pressure, and has defeated Cal Poly in 6 out of the last 7 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Long Beach State takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Cal Poly (2 vs 0).
- Michael Caffey is ranked 3rd in the Big West in assists and 6th in the Big West in steals.
- At least you keep showing up. Long Beach State has an average margin of victory of 9 over Cal Poly in 23 wins since 1993.
- How does our back look? Long Beach State is ranked higher than Cal Poly in the Big West (#1 vs #3).
- Dan Jennings is ranked 6th in the Big West in blocks.