Kansas State vs. Oklahoma: Full Game Preview
|Kansas State||R McGruder 14.9||T Gipson 5.6||A Rodriguez 5.1|
|Oklahoma||R Osby 14.2||R Osby 6.5||S Grooms 2.6|
On Saturday, No. 18 Kansas State heads to Lloyd Noble Center to take on Oklahoma. Tip-off occurs at 6:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN 2. The Wildcats beat the Sooners 69-60 on January 19th and are 3-3 against them over the last four years.
Oklahoma and Kansas State share the 2nd spot in the conference.
In their last outing, behind 17 points and 7 rebounds from Thomas Gipson, the Wildcats blew out Texas 83-57 on January 30th. He leads the team in rebounds per game with 5.6 while also putting up 7.3 points per game. For the Sooners, Steven Pledger finished with 20 points and 5 assists in the 74-71 win over Baylor on January 30th. He contributes 3.1 rebounds per game in addition to his 11.4 points per game.
- Will Spradling is ranked 9th in the Big 12 in three-pointers and 9th in the Big 12 in assists.
- The Kansas State scoring leader (Rodney McGruder) has more points than the Oklahoma scoring leader (Romero Osby).
- Boom! Kansas State defeated Oklahoma by 9 points the last time they played (Jan 19, 2013).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Kansas State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (960 to 956) than Oklahoma, per the NCAA.
- Angel Rodriguez is ranked 5th in the Big 12 in assists and 9th in the Big 12 in steals.
- At least you keep showing up. Kansas State has an average margin of victory of 11 over Oklahoma in 20 wins since 1980.
- Kansas State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Kansas State is 215 lbs compared to 203 lbs for Oklahoma.
- The Kansas State blocks leader (Jordan Henriquez) has more blocks than the Oklahoma blocks leader (Romero Osby).
- Rodney McGruder is ranked 3rd in the Big 12 in points and 10th in the Big 12 in three-pointers.
- We just win. Kansas State has more wins over the last 5 years than Oklahoma (133 vs 109).