|Arizona State||J Carson 17.6||C Felix 8.3||J Carson 5.1|
|Washington||C Wilcox 18.6||A N`Diaye 9.2||A Gaddy 3.6|
On Saturday, Washington plays host to Arizona State at Alaska Airlines Arena at Hec Edmundson Pavilion. The game tips off at 9:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN U. The Huskies are 7-2 against the Sun Devils over the last four years. The last time they met (2/16/2012) they won 77-69.
Washington is in 5th place in the conference, Arizona State is in 2nd place.
The Huskies fell 57-53 to Arizona on January 31st. Scott Suggs finished with 11 points in the loss. While contributing 2.3 rebounds per game, he also scores 12.1 points per game. For the Sun Devils, Jahii Carson finished with 25 points in the 63-59 win over Washington State on January 31st. He leads the team in points with 17.6 per game and assists with 5.1 per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Arizona State is strong in turnover percentage at 17.8. This is good enough for 2nd in the conference and 47th in the nation.
Arizona State StatSmack
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Washington has had more players drafted by the NBA than Arizona State (9 vs 4).
- Washington is better under pressure, and has defeated Arizona State in 5 out of the last 6 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Washington has come back to win after being down at half against Arizona State 3 times since 2000.
- At least you keep showing up. Washington has an average margin of victory of 10 over Arizona State in 37 wins since 1980.
- The Washington three-point leader (C.J Wilcox) has more three-pointers than the Arizona State three-point leader (Jonathan Gilling).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Washington has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Arizona State (3 vs 2).
- The Washington rebounding leader (Aziz N`Diaye) has more rebounds than the Arizona State rebounding leader (Carrick Felix).
- Abdul Gaddy is ranked 6th in the Pac 12 in assists.
- You get an A for effort, but Washington has emerged victorious against Arizona State the last 5 times they've played.
- It must sting. Washington has blown out Arizona State by 20 points or more on 7 occasions since 1997.
- We win when it counts, too. Washington has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Arizona State (8 vs 2).
|C-||Shawn Kemp Jr||14||4||2||0||0||1||1|