Toledo vs. Northern Illinois: Full Game Preview
|Toledo||R Pearson 18.6||R Pearson 6.3||J Brown 5.5|
|Northern Illinois||A Nader 14.2||A Nader 5.3||D Balls 2.2|
Northern Illinois welcomes Toledo to Convocation Center (IL) on Saturday. Tip-off is at 4:00 EST. The Huskies are 6-2 against the Rockets over the last four years. The last time they met (2/29/2012) they won 65-61.
Northern Illinois is in 6th place in the conference and just behind 4th place Toledo with a chance to close in.
The 26 points and 11 rebounds by Abdel Nader helped the Huskies to a 67-65 victory over Kent State on January 30th. He contributes team-best marks with 14.2 points per game, 5.3 rebounds per game, and 1.7 steals per game. In an 85-78 victory over Ball State on January 30th, Matt Smith put up 19 points for the Rockets. He contributes 3.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.7 points per game.
Comparing team stats, Toledo looks to have the edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Rockets have the upper hand over the Huskies, 68 points per game to 56 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, Toledo performs well in turnover percentage at 18.2. This ranks 1st in the conference and 64th in the country.
- Northern Illinois is better under pressure, and has defeated Toledo in 8 out of the last 15 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- At least you keep showing up. Northern Illinois has an average margin of victory of 7 over Toledo in 22 wins since 1980.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Northern Illinois currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (959 to 869) than Toledo, per the NCAA.
- Northern Illinois beat Toledo by 4 points the last time they played (Feb 29, 2012).
- Dekalb isn't as congested as Toledo (population is significantly lower).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Northern Illinois has a stronger schedule than Toledo this season (SOS Rank: #149 vs #196).
- Travon Baker is ranked 8th in the MAC in steals.