St John's vs. Georgetown: Full Game Preview
|St John's||D Harrison 19.7||J Sampson 6.6||P Greene IV 2.7|
|Georgetown||O Porter 15.0||O Porter 7.7||N Lubick 2.7|
Georgetown matches up against St. John's on Saturday. Tip-off is at 4:00 EST and it can be seen on CBS. The Hoyas beat the Red Storm 67-51 on January 12th and are 5-3 against them over the last four years.
Georgetown is in 4th place in the Big East and has an opportunity to gain ground on St. John's who sit in 3rd place.
In their last match-up, Otto Porter finished with 20 points in the Hoyas 74-52 blowout of Seton Hall on January 30th. He contributes team-best marks with 15.0 points per game, 7.7 rebounds per game, and 1.9 steals per game. For the Red Storm, Sir`Dominic Pointer put up 11 points and 12 rebounds in the 79-74 win over DePaul on January 30th. He contributes 4.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 6.8 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, St. John's is strong in turnover percentage at 16.1. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 8th in the nation.
St. John's StatSmack
- Georgetown has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (67.73% to 45.76%).
- Georgetown takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than St. John's (6 vs 1).
- Georgetown has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than St. John's (#70 vs #117).
- Georgetown has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than St. John's (#23 vs #68).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Georgetown currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (960 to 959) than St. John's, per the NCAA.
- Georgetown is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Georgetown is 78.5 inches compared to 77.0 inches for St. John's.
- It must sting. Georgetown has blown out St. John's by 20 points or more on 8 occasions since 2005.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Georgetown has recruited more Top 50 high school players than St. John's (9 vs 8).
- Georgetown has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than St. John's (1 vs 0).
|C+||Phil Greene IV||31||9||3||3||1||0||1|