|Ohio State||D Thomas 20.3||D Thomas 6.3||A Craft 4.6|
|Nebraska||R Gallegos 13.5||B Ubel 6.7||D Talley 2.5|
Nebraska plays host to No. 11 Ohio State at Bob Devaney Sports Center on Saturday. It starts at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on Big Ten Network. The Cornhuskers lost to the Buckeyes 70-44 on January 2nd and are 0-3 against them over the last four years.
Nebraska maintains 11th place in the Big Ten while Ohio State is in 4th place.
The Cornhuskers were defeated by Minnesota 84-65 on January 29th despite 30 points from Ray Gallegos. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 13.5 points per game and 1.4 steals per game. In a 58-49 victory over Wisconsin on January 29th, Deshaun Thomas put up 25 points for the Buckeyes. He leads the team in points with 20.3 per game and rebounds with 6.3 per game.
Ohio State has a statistical edge over Nebraska in one specific area, scoring, where the Buckeyes have the upper hand over the Cornhuskers, 72 points per game to 58 points per game. Ohio State ranks 2nd in their conference in turnover percentage at 17.1, which also places them 23rd in the country.
Ohio State StatSmack
- Ray Gallegos is ranked 9th in the Big Ten in points, 32nd nationally in three-pointers, and 9th in the Big Ten in steals.
- The Nebraska three-point leader (Ray Gallegos) has more three-pointers than the Ohio State three-point leader (Deshaun Thomas).
- The Nebraska rebounding leader (Brandon Ubel) has more rebounds than the Ohio State rebounding leader (Deshaun Thomas).
- Nebraska has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Ohio State ($15,894 vs $20,040).
- Nebraska has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Ohio State ($27,594 vs $34,224).
- Brandon Ubel is ranked 10th in the Big Ten in rebounds.
- The Nebraska basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Ohio State (82% vs 64%).
- Nebraska has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (63% vs 76%).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Nebraska has a stronger schedule than Ohio State this season (SOS Rank: #8 vs #38).
|B||L. Smith Jr.||28||10||6||2||1||0||1|
|C||A. Della Valle||8||3||2||0||0||0||1|