|Michigan||T Burke 17.9||M McGary 6.0||T Burke 7.1|
|Indiana||C Zeller 16.1||C Zeller 8.2||K Ferrell 4.5|
No. 3 Indiana hosts No. 1 Michigan at Assembly Hall (IN) on Saturday. The game gets underway at 9:00 EST and it can be seen on ESPN. The Hoosiers are 3-4 against the Wolverines over the last four years. They lost 68-56 the last time they played (2/1/2012).
Indiana is tied with Michigan for the 1st spot in the conference.
In their last game, Cody Zeller put up 19 points and 11 rebounds in the Hoosiers 97-60 romp of Purdue on January 30th. With 16.1 points per game, 8.2 rebounds per game, and 1.3 blocks per game, he leads the team in all three categories. In a 68-46 blowout of Northwestern on January 30th, Trey Burke put up 18 points and 8 assists for the Wolverines. He contributes a team-leading 17.9 points per game, 7.1 assists per game, and 1.4 steals per game. The Four Factors in which Michigan stands out are turnover percentage at 14.8 and effective field goal percentage at 58.2.
- It must sting. Indiana has blown out Michigan by 20 points or more on 5 occasions since 1999.
- The Indiana rebounding leader (Cody Zeller) has more rebounds than the Michigan rebounding leader (Mitch McGary).
- The Indiana blocks leader (Cody Zeller) has more blocks than the Michigan blocks leader (Mitch McGary).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Indiana has come back to win after being down at half against Michigan 5 times since 1996.
- Cody Zeller is ranked 4th in the Big Ten in points, 2nd in the Big Ten in rebounds, and 7th in the Big Ten in blocks.
- AP voters think more highly of Indiana and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Michigan (75 vs 46).
- Indiana has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (65.40% to 61.96%).
- Indiana has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Michigan ($36,419 vs $47,694).
- At least you keep showing up. Indiana has an average margin of victory of 11 over Michigan in 39 wins since 1980.
- Kevin Ferrell is ranked 2nd in the Big Ten in assists.
- Victor Oladipo is ranked 10th in the Big Ten in points and 11th nationally in steals.
|A-||G. Robinson III||33||12||6||1||1||0||1|
|A-||Tim Hardaway Jr||34||16||5||3||1||1||2|