|UCF||K Clanton 16.2||K Clanton 9.4||I Sykes 4.4|
|Marshall||D Kane 14.9||D Tinnon 9.2||D Kane 6.9|
Marshall welcomes UCF to Cam Henderson Center on Saturday. The game gets underway at 2:00 EST and you can catch it on CSS. The Thundering Herd are 5-3 against the Knights over the last four years. They fell 67-60 on 2/8/2012, the last time they met.
Marshall is in 7th place in the conference, UCF is in 3rd place.
In their last outing, despite 15 points and 8 rebounds from Elijah Pittman, the Thundering Herd fell to Southern Methodist 68-57 on January 30th. He is averaging 14.5 points and 4.3 rebounds per game. For the Knights, Isaiah Sykes put up 20 points and 9 rebounds in the 58-50 win over Tulane on January 30th. With 4.4 assists per game and 2.0 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. One category in which UCF is especially proficient is effective field goal percentage at 54.6, ranking 1st in their conference (and 18th nationally).
- Marshall is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Marshall is 78.5 inches compared to 77.4 inches for UCF.
- We make our fans proud. Marshall has a better record at home than UCF this season (8-1 vs 10-3).
- Elijah Pittman is ranked 10th in C-USA in points.
- Marshall is better under pressure, and has defeated UCF in 5 out of the last 5 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- The Marshall assist leader (DeAndre Kane) has more assists than the UCF assist leader (Isaiah Sykes).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Marshall has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than UCF (1 vs 0).
- Nigel Spikes is ranked 7th in C-USA in rebounds and 7th in C-USA in blocks.
- DeAndre Kane is ranked 33rd nationally in assists.
- The Marshall basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than UCF (100% vs 56%).
|C+||C. Newell Jr.||32||11||2||2||1||0||2|
|D||Robert King III||2||0||0||0||0||0||0|