Old Dominion vs. Georgia State: Full Game Preview
|Old Dominion||D Painter 11.6||D Painter 8.0||K Palmore 2.9|
|Georgia State||R Hunter 16.4||M Atkins 6.2||D White 3.6|
Georgia State plays host to Old Dominion at GSU Sports Arena on Saturday. Tip-off is at 2:00 EST. The Panthers beat the Monarchs 69-54 on January 19th and are 2-6 against them over the last four years.
Georgia State is currently in 4th place in the CAA and Old Dominion is in 11th.
In a 78-73 triumph over Northeastern on January 30th, R.J. Hunter put up 27 points and 5 assists for the Panthers. He leads the team with 16.4 points per game. For the Monarchs, Richard Ross finished with 13 points and 10 rebounds in the 68-66 loss to Towson on January 30th. He averages 6.1 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.6 blocks per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Old Dominion is strong in offensive rebounding percentage at 39.3. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 15th in the nation.
Old Dominion StatSmack
- Even computers respect Georgia State more. We have a better RPI this season than Old Dominion (RPI: #212 vs #322).
- The Georgia State scoring leader (R.J. Hunter) has more points than the Old Dominion scoring leader (DeShawn Painter).
- James Vincent is ranked 18th nationally in blocks.
- It's only wins and losses, but Georgia State has a better overall record than Old Dominion this season (11-12 vs 2-18).
- The Georgia State steals leader (Devonta White) has more steals than the Old Dominion steals leader (Keenan Palmore).
- Georgia State is a better three-point shooting team (35.1% vs 28.0%) than Old Dominion this season.
- Georgia State has a better conference record than Old Dominion this season (6-4 vs 0-8).
- Georgia State is a better shooting team (42.8% vs 38.8%) than Old Dominion this season.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Georgia State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Old Dominion (1 vs 0).
- Winning is in our blood. Georgia State has a better record in close games than Old Dominion this season (5-6 vs 1-7).
- Boom! Georgia State humiliated Old Dominion by 15 points the last time they played (Jan 19, 2013).