Tulane vs. UTEP: Full Game Preview
|Tulane||J Davis 17.5||J Davis 10.2||R Tarrant 2.8|
|UTEP||J Washburn 12.2||J Bohannon 6.5||J Streeter 5.0|
Tulane visits Don Haskins Center on Saturday to take on Texas-El Paso. It gets started at 9:00 EST. The Green Wave lost to the Miners 66-57 on January 9th and are 2-5 against them over the last four years.
Tulane is 7th in the conference and Texas-El Paso is 4th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Green Wave fell 58-50 to UCF on January 30th. Josh Davis finished with 18 points and 9 rebounds in the loss. He leads the team in points with 17.5 per game, rebounds with 10.2 per game, and blocks with 1.0 per game. For the Miners, Jacques Streeter finished with 8 points and 6 rebounds in the 78-72 loss to UAB on January 30th. He is averaging 8.9 points per game and leads the team in assists with 5.0 per game. Texas-El Paso will hope to exploit their strength in free throw rate in this matchup. Their mark of 46.5 in this area ranks 1st in the conference and 4th in the country.
Texas-El Paso StatSmack
- Josh Davis is ranked 1st in C-USA in points, 14th nationally in rebounds, and 9th in C-USA in blocks.
- At least you keep showing up. Tulane has an average margin of victory of 14 over Texas-El Paso in 3 wins since 2005.
- Ricky Tarrant is ranked 6th in C-USA in points and 9th in C-USA in three-pointers.
- The Tulane three-point leader (Jordan Callahan) has more three-pointers than the Texas-El Paso three-point leader (Konner Tucker).
- Tulane players are more experienced than Texas-El Paso players (13,992 minutes played vs 12,122 minutes played).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Tulane currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (980 to 915) than Texas-El Paso, per the NCAA.
- Tulane can actually jump, with more rebounds (36.3 per game vs 31.7 per game) than Texas-El Paso this season.
- The Tulane steals leader (Jordan Callahan) has more steals than the Texas-El Paso steals leader (Julian Washburn).
- Tulane is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Tulane is 206 lbs compared to 200 lbs for Texas-El Paso.
- The Tulane rebounding leader (Josh Davis) has more rebounds than the Texas-El Paso rebounding leader (John Bohannon).