Louisiana-Monroe vs. FL Internationial: Full Game Preview
|Louisiana-Monroe||A Olatayo 14.8||J James 6.8||J James 4.7|
|FL Internationial||T Murphy 15.3||T Murphy 7.7||D Hill 2.9|
Florida International hosts Louisiana-Monroe at U.S. Century Bank Arena on Saturday. The game gets underway at 7:30 EST. The Golden Panthers are 2-2 against the Warhawks over the last four years. They fell 54-50 on 1/7/2012, the last time they met.
Florida International is currently in 5th place in the Sun Belt and Louisiana-Monroe is in 11th.
In spite of 19 points and 10 rebounds from Tymell Murphy, the Golden Panthers came up short 66-64 against Middle Tennessee State on January 31st. He leads the team in points with 15.3 per game, rebounds with 7.7 per game, and blocks with 1.1 per game. For the Warhawks, Amos Olatayo put up 25 points and 7 rebounds in the 76-71 loss to Florida Atlantic on January 31st. With 14.8 points per game and 0.5 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
There is a single key statistical area where Florida International can exploit Louisiana-Monroe, scoring, where the Golden Panthers have an edge over the Warhawks, 69 points per game to 58 points per game.
- The Florida International basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Louisiana-Monroe (45% vs 28%).
- Better not leave your building. Florida International has a better record on the road than Louisiana-Monroe this season (5-7 vs 1-8).
- The Florida International three-point leader (Malik Smith) has more three-pointers than the Louisiana-Monroe three-point leader (Trent Mackey).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Florida International currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (909 to 843) than Louisiana-Monroe, per the NCAA.
- Malik Smith is ranked 8th in the Sun Belt in points and 19th nationally in three-pointers.
- The Florida International steals leader (Deric Hill) has more steals than the Louisiana-Monroe steals leader (Jayon James).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Florida International has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Louisiana-Monroe (1 vs 0).
- How does our back look? Florida International is ranked higher than Louisiana-Monroe in the Sun Belt (#4 vs #11).
- We just win. Florida International has more wins over the last 5 years than Louisiana-Monroe (59 vs 45).
- Florida International players are more experienced than Louisiana-Monroe players (7,208 minutes played vs 6,175 minutes played).
|C-||M. Porcher Jimenez||14||6||2||1||0||0||1|
|D||Joey De La Rosa||9||2||1||0||0||0||0|