|Mississippi||M Henderson 19.3||M Holloway 10.3||J Summers 3.9|
|Florida||K Boynton 13.6||W Yeguete 6.7||S Wilbekin 4.9|
No. 4 Florida hosts No. 16 Ole Miss at O'Connell Center on Saturday. The game gets underway at 7:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN U. The Gators are 4-0 against the Rebels over the last four years. The last time they met (1/26/2012) they won 64-60.
Florida is in 1st place in the conference and needs to hold off 2nd place Ole Miss. Florida will be looking to extend its nine-game win streak.
In a 75-36 dismantling of South Carolina on January 30th, Kenny Boynton put up 15 points and 7 assists for the Gators. He leads the team with 13.6 points per game. The Rebels were defeated by Kentucky 87-74 on January 29th despite 21 points and 5 rebounds from Marshall Henderson. He leads the team with 19.3 points per game. One category in which Ole Miss is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 15.9, ranking 1st in their conference (and 7th nationally).
Ole Miss StatSmack
- Scottie Wilbekin is ranked 2nd in the SEC in assists.
- Florida has a better conference record than Ole Miss this season (7-0 vs 6-1).
- Florida has a better scoring defense (50.4 allowed per game vs 65.1 allowed per game) than Ole Miss this season.
- How does our back look? Florida is ranked higher than Ole Miss in the SEC (#1 vs #2).
- We're a talent magnet. Since 1998 Florida has recruited more Top 10 high school players than Ole Miss (5 vs 0).
- Erik Murphy is ranked 8th in the SEC in three-pointers.
- The Florida assist leader (Scottie Wilbekin) has more assists than the Ole Miss assist leader (Jarvis Summers).
- Even computers respect Florida more. We have a better RPI this season than Ole Miss (RPI: #7 vs #38).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Florida has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Ole Miss (23 vs 1).
- Florida allows fewer rebounds (27.5 allowed per game vs 37.7 allowed per game) than Ole Miss this season.
- People just expect us to beat you. Florida has been the favorite 18 out of the last 21 times.
|C||M. Frazier II||18||6||3||1||1||0||1|