Georgia vs. South Carolina: Full Game Preview
|Georgia||K Caldwell-Pope 17.5||K Caldwell-Pope 6.6||C Mann 2.9|
|South Carolina||L Page 11.7||M Carrera 7.0||E Smith 3.4|
South Carolina hosts Georgia at Colonial Life Arena on Saturday. Tip-off occurs at 1:30 EST and you can see it on SEC Network. The Gamecocks are 4-4 against the Bulldogs over the last four years. They fell 67-55 on 3/3/2012, the last time they met.
South Carolina is in 10th place in the SEC, Georgia is in 6th place.
In their last game, Michael Carrera put up 13 points and 9 rebounds in the Gamecocks 75-36 loss to Florida on January 30th. He leads the team in rebounds per game with 7.0 while also putting up 9.8 points per game. In a 57-49 victory over Auburn on January 30th, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope put up 20 points and 10 rebounds for the Bulldogs. He leads the team in points with 17.5 per game, rebounds with 6.6 per game, and steals with 2.4 per game. Georgia ranks 1st in their conference in free throw rate at 42.0, which also places them 37th in the country.
- The South Carolina basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Georgia (53% vs 36%).
- South Carolina has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Georgia ($34,062 vs $36,436).
- It must sting. South Carolina has blown out Georgia by 20 points or more on 3 occasions since 2003.
- The South Carolina rebounding leader (Lakeem Jackson) has more rebounds than the Georgia rebounding leader (Kentavious Caldwell-Pope).
- South Carolina can actually jump, with more rebounds (37.6 per game vs 33.8 per game) than Georgia this season.
- South Carolina has a more potent offense, scoring more points (69.8 per game vs 59.3 per game) than Georgia this season.
- Lakeem Jackson is ranked 7th in the SEC in rebounds.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? South Carolina currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (968 to 960) than Georgia, per the NCAA.
- Eric Smith is ranked 7th in the SEC in assists.
- At least you keep showing up. South Carolina has an average margin of victory of 8 over Georgia in 21 wins since 1991.
- South Carolina players are more experienced than Georgia players (12,928 minutes played vs 9,710 minutes played).