|Iona||L Jones 22.3||D Laury 10.8||L Jones 3.7|
|Canisius||B Baron 16.0||C Manhertz 9.1||B Baron 5.7|
Iona heads to Koessler Athletic Center on Saturday to take on Canisius. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST. The Gaels defeated the Golden Griffins 97-87 on January 13th and are 7-2 against them over the past four years.
Canisius and Iona are packed together in the conference, holding down 3rd and 2nd place, respectively.
In spite of 24 points and 16 rebounds from David Laury, the Gaels came up short 93-90 against Niagara on January 31st. He contributes a team-high 10.8 rebounds per game and 1.8 blocks per game. For the Golden Griffins, Jordan Heath finished with 21 points and 11 rebounds in the 91-79 win over Loyola (MD) on January 31st. He leads the team in blocks with 1.5 per game and steals with 1.1 per game.
Iona has a statistical advantage over Canisius in one significant category, scoring, where the Gaels have an edge over the Golden Griffins, 82 points per game to 73 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, Canisius performs well in effective field goal percentage at 53.0. This ranks 2nd in the conference and 34th in the country.
- Iona is better under pressure, and has defeated Canisius in 6 out of the last 10 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Iona has come back to win after being down at half against Canisius 10 times since 2000.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Iona has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Canisius (2 vs 0).
- At least you keep showing up. Iona has an average margin of victory of 11 over Canisius in 32 wins since 1985.
- Lamont Jones is ranked 5th nationally in points, 9th in the MAAC in three-pointers, and 5th in the MAAC in assists.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Iona has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Canisius (1 vs 0).
- The Iona steals leader (Tavon Sledge) has more steals than the Canisius steals leader (Billy Baron).
- How does our back look? Iona is ranked higher than Canisius in the MAAC (#2 vs #4).
- You get an A for effort, but Iona has emerged victorious against Canisius the last 3 times they've played.
- Better not leave your building. Iona has a better record on the road than Canisius this season (5-4 vs 5-6).
- Boom! Iona crushed Canisius by 10 points the last time they played (Jan 13, 2013).