Dayton vs. Saint Louis: Full Game Preview
|Dayton||K Dillard 14.8||D Oliver 8.5||K Dillard 4.9|
|Saint Louis||D Evans 11.0||D Evans 6.5||J Jett 3.6|
Dayton heads to Chaifetz Arena on Saturday to take on Saint Louis. It takes place at 2:00 EST and you can catch it on NBCSN. The Flyers are 3-5 against the Billikens over the last four years. They lost 58-50 the last time they played (2/4/2012).
Dayton is in 12th place in the A-10, Saint Louis is in 3rd place.
In their last match-up on January 30th, Vee Sanford put up 16 points for the Flyers in a loss to Xavier, 66-61. He is averaging 12.9 points and 2.8 rebounds per game. For the Billikens, Jordair Jett finished with 19 points in the 75-58 blowout of Butler on January 31st. With 3.6 assists per game and 1.6 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. The Four Factors in which Saint Louis stands out are defensive rebounding percentage at 73.0 and free throw rate at 42.2.
Saint Louis StatSmack
- Dayton is better under pressure, and has defeated Saint Louis in 7 out of the last 9 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- The Dayton assist leader (Kevin Dillard) has more assists than the Saint Louis assist leader (Jordair Jett).
- Dayton has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (63.95% to 56.35%).
- Dayton has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Saint Louis (#40 vs #54).
- Kevin Dillard is ranked 9th in the A-10 in points, 9th in the A-10 in three-pointers, and 5th in the A-10 in assists.
- Dayton has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Saint Louis ($40,330 vs $43,551).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Dayton currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (990 to 923) than Saint Louis, per the NCAA.
- We just win. Dayton has more wins over the last 5 years than Saint Louis (129 vs 109).
- The Dayton basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Saint Louis (90% vs 67%).
- Dayton can actually jump, with more rebounds (35.1 per game vs 31.9 per game) than Saint Louis this season.
|B-||Mike McCall Jr||31||11||3||3||1||0||2|