|Syracuse||B Triche 14.9||C Fair 7.2||M Carter-Williams 8.9|
|Pittsburgh||T Zanna 11.2||S Adams 6.3||T Woodall 5.6|
Pittsburgh welcomes No. 6 Syracuse to Petersen Events Center on Saturday. It starts at 12:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Panthers are 3-1 against the Orange over the last four years. They fell 71-63 on 1/16/2012, the last time they met.
Pittsburgh maintains 9th place in the Big East while Syracuse is in 1st place.
In their last match-up, Tray Woodall finished with 14 points in the Panthers 64-61 loss against Louisville on January 28th. He paces the team in assists per game with 5.6, and steals per game with 1.3. For the Orange, Brandon Triche put up 23 points in the 75-71 loss to Villanova on January 26th. His 14.9 points per game is the highest mark on the team. One category in which Syracuse is especially proficient is offensive rebounding percentage at 41.2, ranking 2nd in their conference (and 6th nationally).
- At least you keep showing up. Pittsburgh has an average margin of victory of 9 over Syracuse in 21 wins since 1982.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Pittsburgh has come back to win after being down at half against Syracuse 5 times since 2001.
- Pittsburgh players are more experienced than Syracuse players (14,562 minutes played vs 10,986 minutes played).
- Tray Woodall is ranked 10th in the Big East in three-pointers and 22nd nationally in assists.
- Steven Adams is ranked 8th in the Big East in rebounds and 45th nationally in blocks.
- The Pittsburgh blocks leader (Steven Adams) has more blocks than the Syracuse blocks leader (Rakeem Christmas).
- The Pittsburgh three-point leader (Tray Woodall) has more three-pointers than the Syracuse three-point leader (James Southerland).
- James Robinson is ranked 8th in the Big East in assists.
- Pittsburgh allows fewer rebounds (27.7 allowed per game vs 35.2 allowed per game) than Syracuse this season.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Pittsburgh currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (990 to 936) than Syracuse, per the NCAA.