Wyoming vs. Colorado State: Full Game Preview
|Wyoming||L Martinez 14.5||L Washington 8.9||R Grabau 2.6|
|Colorado State||C Iverson 14.0||P Hornung 9.7||D Green 3.8|
On Saturday, Wyoming travels to Moby Arena to take on Colorado State. It takes place at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on ROOT. The Cowboys are 3-5 against the Rams over the last four years. They fell 54-46 on 2/18/2012, the last time they met.
Wyoming is in 8th place in the conference, Colorado State is in 2nd place.
The Cowboys fell 63-59 to New Mexico on January 30th. Derrious Gilmore finished with 15 points in the loss. He tallies 11.3 points per game and also adds 2.6 assists per game. For the Rams, Pierce Hornung finished with 23 points and 13 rebounds in the 77-57 blowout of Boise State on January 30th. He leads the team in rebounds with 9.7 per game and steals with 1.2 per game.
Reviewing current performance metrics, Colorado State has an edge in two significant categories. One concern is rebounding, where the Rams hold the advantage over the Cowboys, 42 per game to 29 per game. In addition, Colorado State has the edge in scoring, 74 points per game to 63 points per game. Areas of strength for Colorado State include: defensive rebounding percentage at 76.9, offensive rebounding percentage at 41.9, and turnover percentage at 17.0.
Colorado State StatSmack
- The Wyoming three-point leader (Derrious Gilmore) has more three-pointers than the Colorado State three-point leader (Wes Eikmeier).
- Derrious Gilmore is ranked 5th in the Mountain West in three-pointers, 10th in the Mountain West in assists, and 9th in the Mountain West in steals.
- The Wyoming steals leader (Leonard Washington) has more steals than the Colorado State steals leader (Pierce Hornung).
- Wyoming has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (55.49% to 54.16%).
- Better not leave your building. Wyoming has a better record on the road than Colorado State this season (5-2 vs 3-4).
- Luke Martinez is ranked 5th in the Mountain West in three-pointers and 5th in the Mountain West in steals.
- Wyoming is better under pressure, and has defeated Colorado State in 11 out of the last 19 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Leonard Washington is ranked 9th in the Mountain West in points, 5th in the Mountain West in rebounds, 5th in the Mountain West in steals, and 45th nationally in blocks.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Wyoming has come back to win after being down at half against Colorado State 6 times since 1997.
- The Wyoming blocks leader (Leonard Washington) has more blocks than the Colorado State blocks leader (Colton Iverson).
|B||Larry Nance Jr||33||11||7||1||1||1||2|
|D+||Derek Cooke Jr||10||2||3||0||0||0||1|
|D+||Joe De Ciman||6||1||1||0||0||0||0|