La Salle vs. George Washington: Full Game Preview
|La Salle||R Galloway 17.1||S Zack 6.6||T Duren 3.3|
|George Washington||I Armwood 11.9||I Armwood 8.3||J McDonald 3.4|
La Salle heads to Charles E. Smith Center on Saturday to take on George Washington. Tip-off is at 2:00 EST. The Explorers are 5-3 against the Colonials over the last four years. The last time they met (2/29/2012) they won 60-56.
La Salle is currently in 8th place in the A-10 and George Washington is in 3rd.
In their last game, Ramon Galloway put up 16 points and 6 rebounds in the Explorers 61-60 loss to Massachusetts on January 30th. He paces the team in points per game with 17.1, and steals per game with 2.5. For the Colonials, Patricio Garino finished with 16 points in the 82-54 blowout of Charlotte on January 26th. He averages 9.9 points per game in addition to a team-best 2.3 steals per game.
George Washington StatSmack
- The La Salle scoring leader (Ramon Galloway) has more points than the George Washington scoring leader (Isaiah Armwood).
- We make our fans proud. La Salle has a better record at home than George Washington this season (9-2 vs 5-4).
- La Salle beat George Washington by 4 points the last time they played (Feb 29, 2012).
- La Salle players are more experienced than George Washington players (12,904 minutes played vs 11,690 minutes played).
- We just win. La Salle has more wins over the last 5 years than George Washington (95 vs 72).
- Steve Zack is ranked 5th in the A-10 in blocks.
- Better not leave your building. La Salle has a better record on the road than George Washington this season (5-4 vs 4-5).
- Even computers respect La Salle more. We have a better RPI this season than George Washington (RPI: #30 vs #122).
- The La Salle assist leader (Tyreek Duren) has more assists than the George Washington assist leader (Joe McDonald).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? La Salle currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (969 to 966) than George Washington, per the NCAA.
- It's only wins and losses, but La Salle has a better overall record than George Washington this season (14-6 vs 10-9).