Tulsa vs. Memphis: Full Game Preview
|Tulsa||R Smith 14.5||J Woodard 5.9||S Harrison 2.3|
|Memphis||J Jackson 14.6||D Stephens 6.4||J Jackson 4.6|
Memphis plays host to Tulsa at FedEx Forum on Saturday. It gets started at 2:00 EST and you can see it on CBSSN. The Tigers are 6-1 against the Golden Hurricane over the last four years. They won 78-66 on 3/3/2012 the last time they played.
Tulsa is in 5th place in the conference and Memphis is in 1st place. Memphis has won its last 11 games.
In their last game, Joe Jackson put up 26 points and 6 assists in the Tigers 75-68 win over East Carolina on January 30th. He contributes a team-high 14.6 points per game and 4.6 assists per game. For the Golden Hurricane, James Woodard finished with 13 points and 7 rebounds in the 62-59 loss to Southern Miss on January 26th. He is averaging 13.2 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 5.9 per game.
Digging into season numbers, Memphis has the advantage in one key category, scoring, where the Tigers have an edge over the Golden Hurricane, 73 points per game to 65 points per game.
- We just win. Memphis has more wins over the last 5 years than Tulsa (162 vs 121).
- At least you keep showing up. Memphis has an average margin of victory of 15 over Tulsa in 15 wins since 1987.
- Memphis waxed Tulsa by 12 points the last time they played (Mar 03, 2012).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Memphis has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Tulsa (15 vs 0).
- Memphis is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Memphis is 212 lbs compared to 203 lbs for Tulsa.
- People just expect us to beat you. Memphis has been the favorite 14 out of the last 15 times.
- The Memphis rebounding leader (D.J. Stephens) has more rebounds than the Tulsa rebounding leader (James Woodard).
- The Memphis assist leader (Joe Jackson) has more assists than the Tulsa assist leader (Shaquille Harrison).
- It's only wins and losses, but Memphis has a better overall record than Tulsa this season (16-3 vs 12-9).
- Memphis has a better conference record than Tulsa this season (5-0 vs 4-3).
- We win when it counts, too. Memphis has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Tulsa (14 vs 1).
|C||P. Swilling Jr.||24||10||2||1||0||0||2|