Morehead State vs. Jacksonville State: Full Game Preview
|Morehead State||M Chavis 11.0||C Posthumus 6.6||D Atkinson 5.4|
|Jacksonville State||T Gaines 14.6||R Boggs 5.8||B Williams 4.1|
On Saturday, Morehead State travels to Pete Mathews Coliseum to take on Jacksonville State. It takes place at 5:30 EST. The Eagles are 8-2 against the Gamecocks over the last four years. The last time they met (3/1/2012) they won 68-54.
Jacksonville State and Morehead State are close together in the conference, holding down the 5th and 6th spots, respectively.
In their last match-up on January 31st, Angelo Warner put up 16 points for the Eagles in a loss to Belmont, 93-74. On top of a team-high 1.8 steals per game, he also scores 10.3 points per game. For the Gamecocks, Tarvin Gaines finished with 13 points and 8 rebounds in the 65-64 win over Murray State on January 26th. His 14.6 points per game is the highest mark on the team. From a tempo-free perspective, Jacksonville State is strong in free throw rate at 45.7. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 6th in the nation.
Jacksonville State StatSmack
- Morehead State waxed Jacksonville State by 14 points the last time they played (Mar 01, 2012).
- The Morehead State assist leader (Devon Atkinson) has more assists than the Jacksonville State assist leader (Brian Williams).
- Morehead State has a more potent offense, scoring more points (71.5 per game vs 65.0 per game) than Jacksonville State this season.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Morehead State has a stronger schedule than Jacksonville State this season (SOS Rank: #121 vs #247).
- Morehead State can actually jump, with more rebounds (37.5 per game vs 30.0 per game) than Jacksonville State this season.
- Angelo Warner is ranked 4th in the Ohio Valley in steals.
- Morehead State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Morehead State is 208 lbs compared to 192 lbs for Jacksonville State.
- The Morehead State rebounding leader (Chad Posthumus) has more rebounds than the Jacksonville State rebounding leader (Ronnie Boggs).
- Morehead State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Morehead State is 77.1 inches compared to 75.1 inches for Jacksonville State.
- Morehead State takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Jacksonville State (2 vs 0).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Morehead State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (962 to 889) than Jacksonville State, per the NCAA.