Southern Miss vs. UAB: Full Game Preview
|Southern Miss||D Davis 13.2||J Mills 6.7||N Watson 5.1|
|UAB||R Rucker 14.3||R Rucker 8.4||T Jones 4.0|
On Saturday, Southern Miss heads to Bartow Arena to take on UAB. Tip-off is at 8:00 EST and it can be seen on CSS. The Golden Eagles defeated the Blazers 74-59 on January 19th and are 4-7 against them over the past four years.
Southern Miss is currently in 1st place in the conference and UAB is in 11th. Southern Miss has won nine games straight.
In their last match-up, Dwayne Davis finished with 11 points and 7 rebounds in the Golden Eagles 62-59 victory over Tulsa on January 26th. He leads the team with 13.2 points per game. In a 78-72 victory over Texas-El Paso on January 30th, Jordan Swing put up 24 points and 6 steals for the Blazers. He is averaging 14.0 points per game and leads the team in steals with 1.4 per game.
- How does our back look? Southern Miss is ranked higher than UAB in C-USA (#1 vs #11).
- Even computers respect Southern Miss more. We have a better RPI this season than UAB (RPI: #44 vs #166).
- The Southern Miss three-point leader (Jerrold Brooks) has more three-pointers than the UAB three-point leader (Jordan Swing).
- Southern Miss has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (64.71% to 61.59%).
- It's only wins and losses, but Southern Miss has a better overall record than UAB this season (17-4 vs 9-12).
- Southern Miss is a better three-point shooting team (38.8% vs 32.5%) than UAB this season.
- Michael Craig is ranked 4th in C-USA in steals.
- At least you keep showing up. Southern Miss has an average margin of victory of 9 over UAB in 15 wins since 1980.
- The Southern Miss steals leader (Neil Watson) has more steals than the UAB steals leader (Jordan Swing).
- Boom! Southern Miss humiliated UAB by 15 points the last time they played (Jan 19, 2013).
- Southern Miss allows fewer rebounds (28.8 allowed per game vs 35.8 allowed per game) than UAB this season.