|Liberty||D Marshall 12.6||J Coronado 8.5||D Marshall 3.1|
|Winthrop||D Henry 11.7||L Brown 6.0||J Jerome 2.6|
On Saturday, Winthrop hosts Liberty at Winthrop Coliseum. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST and it can be seen on MASN. The Eagles are 7-2 against the Flames over the last four years. They won 65-63 on 1/26/2012 the last time they played.
Liberty and Winthrop share the 9th spot in the conference.
In their last game, Derrick Henry put up 15 points in the Eagles 61-48 win over Coastal Carolina on January 30th. His 11.7 points per game is the highest mark on the team. For the Flames, Davon Marshall put up 22 points in the 89-72 blowout of Campbell on January 29th. With 12.6 points per game and 3.1 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- The Winthrop blocks leader (Larry Brown) has more blocks than the Liberty blocks leader (JR Coronado).
- Andre Smith is ranked 10th in the Big South in three-pointers.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Winthrop currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (976 to 969) than Liberty, per the NCAA.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Winthrop has a stronger schedule than Liberty this season (SOS Rank: #230 vs #329).
- The Winthrop basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Liberty (82% vs 44%).
- Winthrop has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (59.34% to 47.71%).
- Even computers respect Winthrop more. We have a better RPI this season than Liberty (RPI: #257 vs #340).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Winthrop has come back to win after being down at half against Liberty 3 times since 2000.
- Winthrop allows fewer rebounds (32.2 allowed per game vs 36.1 allowed per game) than Liberty this season.
- Winthrop has a better scoring defense (60.9 allowed per game vs 68.8 allowed per game) than Liberty this season.
|D||Joel Vander Pol||15||5||6||0||0||1||1|