Oregon vs. California: Full Game Preview
|Oregon||D Dotson 11.5||A Kazemi 9.5||D Artis 3.8|
|California||A Crabbe 19.8||D Kravish 7.0||J Cobbs 4.3|
No. 10 Oregon heads to Haas Pavilion on Saturday to take on California. It gets started at 4:30 EST and you can catch it on ROOT or FSN. The Ducks are 0-9 against the Golden Bears over the last four years. They lost 86-83 the last time they played (2/16/2012).
Oregon is in 1st place in the conference, California is in 5th place.
In spite of 12 points from Carlos Emory, the Ducks came up short 76-52 against Stanford on January 30th. He is averaging 10.3 points and 4.1 rebounds per game. For the Golden Bears, Allen Crabbe finished with 15 points and 8 rebounds in the 71-68 win over Oregon State on January 31st. His 19.8 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
In terms of team stats, Oregon has an advantage in a single key area, scoring, where the Ducks have an edge over the Golden Bears, 75 points per game to 68 points per game.
- Dominic Artis is ranked 6th in the Pac 12 in assists and 7th in the Pac 12 in steals.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Oregon has had more players drafted by the NBA than California (5 vs 3).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Oregon is superior to California (Latest AP Poll: #10 vs Not Ranked).
- How does our back look? Oregon is ranked higher than California in the Pac 12 (#1 vs #9).
- It's only wins and losses, but Oregon has a better overall record than California this season (18-3 vs 11-8).
- Be afraid. Oregon has blown out more teams than California this season (6 blowouts vs 2).
- We make our fans proud. Oregon has a better record at home than California this season (14-0 vs 5-4).
- Oregon has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than California ($36,309 vs $50,441).
- Even computers respect Oregon more. We have a better RPI this season than California (RPI: #24 vs #80).
- At least you keep showing up. Oregon has an average margin of victory of 8 over California in 26 wins since 1980.