|Drexel||D Lee 18.8||D McCoy 8.2||F Massenat 4.3|
|Northeastern||J Smith 16.6||R Spencer 6.3||J Lee 4.3|
On Saturday, Drexel travels to Matthews Arena to take on Northeastern. It gets started at 6:00 EST and you can catch it on CSN-MA, NE, CSS, TCN. The Dragons lost to the Huskies 63-58 on January 8th and are 7-2 against them over the last four years.
Drexel is in 6th place in the conference, Northeastern is in 1st place.
In a 58-54 triumph over George Mason on January 31st, Damion Lee put up 29 points and 9 rebounds for the Dragons. He leads the team with 18.8 points per game. For the Huskies, Reggie Spencer finished with 17 points and 9 rebounds in the 78-73 loss to Georgia State on January 30th. With 6.3 rebounds per game and 0.8 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Analyzing the differences between the teams, Northeastern has an edge in one important area, scoring, where the Huskies have the upper hand over the Dragons, 69 points per game to 62 points per game.
- Drexel players are more experienced than Northeastern players (16,137 minutes played vs 10,928 minutes played).
- Daryl McCoy is ranked 6th in the CAA in rebounds.
- Drexel has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (61.07% to 44.62%).
- People just expect us to beat you. Drexel has been the favorite 13 out of the last 17 times.
- Drexel is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Drexel is 77.6 inches compared to 76.4 inches for Northeastern.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Drexel has come back to win after being down at half against Northeastern 3 times since 1999.
- The Drexel rebounding leader (Daryl McCoy) has more rebounds than the Northeastern rebounding leader (Reggie Spencer).
- It must sting. Drexel has blown out Northeastern by 20 points or more on 3 occasions since 2000.
- The Drexel assist leader (Frantz Massenat) has more assists than the Northeastern assist leader (Joel Smith).
- The Drexel basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Northeastern (100% vs 56%).
- We just win. Drexel has more wins over the last 5 years than Northeastern (101 vs 91).