|Wake Forest||T McKie 15.0||T McKie 8.0||C Miller-McIntyre 2.7|
|Maryland||A Len 12.8||A Len 8.1||P Howard 4.5|
On Saturday, Wake Forest visits Comcast Center to take on Maryland. Tip-off occurs at 2:00 EST and you can see it on RSN or NESN. The Demon Deacons are 2-5 against the Terrapins over the last four years. They lost 82-60 the last time they played (3/8/2012).
Maryland and Wake Forest share the 8th spot in the conference.
In spite of 15 points and 6 rebounds from Devin Thomas, the Demon Deacons came up short 75-70 against Duke on January 30th. He is averaging 7.9 points per game while also contributing a team-high 1.5 blocks per game. The Terrapins were defeated by Florida State 73-71 on January 30th despite 19 points from Dezmine Wells. He averages 12.2 points per game in addition to a team-best 0.9 steals per game.
There is one important category where Maryland has a statistical edge, rebounding, where the Terrapins have the upper hand over the Demon Deacons, 42 per game to 33 per game. When considering the Four Factors, Maryland performs well in offensive rebounding percentage at 40.4. This ranks 1st in the conference and 9th in the country.
- Travis McKie is ranked 7th in the ACC in points, 7th in the ACC in rebounds, and 4th in the ACC in steals.
- The Wake Forest scoring leader (Travis McKie) has more points than the Maryland scoring leader (Alex Len).
- Wake Forest has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Maryland according to Kiplinger (84.6% vs 63%).
- AP voters think more highly of Wake Forest and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Maryland (79 vs 67).
- Devin Thomas is ranked 10th in the ACC in rebounds and 6th in the ACC in blocks.
- At least you keep showing up. Wake Forest has an average margin of victory of 9 over Maryland in 26 wins since 1980.
- Wake Forest has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Maryland (#23 vs #44).
- The Wake Forest basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Maryland (100% vs 31%).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Wake Forest has come back to win after being down at half against Maryland 3 times since 1996.
- C.J. Harris is ranked 8th in the ACC in points.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Wake Forest has a stronger schedule than Maryland this season (SOS Rank: #62 vs #98).
|C-||A. Adala Moto||16||5||4||0||1||0||1|
|D+||A. Roundtree III||12||3||2||1||1||1||1|