Davidson vs. Wofford: Full Game Preview
|Davidson||D Brooks 14.0||D Brooks 6.5||N Cochran 3.2|
|Wofford||K Cochran 15.5||L Skinner 7.3||I Faithfull 3.5|
Davidson travels to Benjamin Johnson Arena on Saturday to take on Wofford. It gets started at 7:00 EST. The Wildcats defeated the Terriers 63-56 on December 8th and are 6-3 against them over the past four years.
Davidson is in 1st place in the conference, Wofford is in 11th place. Davidson has won five games straight.
In their last outing, behind 22 points and 5 rebounds from De`Mon Brooks, the Wildcats blew out Samford 71-51 on January 31st. He leads the team with 14.0 points per game and 6.5 rebounds per game. For the Terriers, Karl Cochran finished with 15 points in the 69-63 loss to Citadel on January 31st. He contributes a team-leading 15.5 points per game, 2.2 steals per game, and 0.5 blocks per game.
Digging into season numbers, Davidson has the advantage in one key category, scoring, where the Wildcats have an edge over the Terriers, 72 points per game to 59 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Wofford is strong in defensive rebounding percentage at 73.0. This is good enough for 2nd in the conference and 29th in the nation.
- People just expect us to beat you. Davidson has been the favorite 10 out of the last 12 times.
- Davidson has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Wofford (#29 vs #61).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Davidson has come back to win after being down at half against Wofford 6 times since 1998.
- Davidson has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Wofford according to Kiplinger (89% vs 77.3%).
- Davidson has a better conference record than Wofford this season (8-1 vs 2-6).
- Boom! Davidson defeated Wofford by 7 points the last time they played (Dec 08, 2012).
- Davidson is better under pressure, and has defeated Wofford in 5 out of the last 7 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Davidson is a better three-point shooting team (37.5% vs 32.4%) than Wofford this season.
- Even computers respect Davidson more. We have a better RPI this season than Wofford (RPI: #111 vs #253).
- Davidson has a more potent offense, scoring more points (72.2 per game vs 58.9 per game) than Wofford this season.
|D||Mason Archie II||2||1||1||0||0||0||1|