|Louisiana-Monroe||A Olatayo 14.8||J James 6.8||J James 4.7|
|FL Internationial||T Murphy 15.3||T Murphy 7.7||D Hill 2.9|
Louisiana-Monroe heads to U.S. Century Bank Arena on Saturday to take on Florida International. It gets started at 7:30 EST. The Warhawks are 2-2 against the Golden Panthers over the last four years. They won 54-50 on 1/7/2012 the last time they played.
Louisiana-Monroe is 11th in the conference and Florida International is 5th. Both teams continue to jockey for position. Louisiana-Monroe is looking to recover from having lost six games in a row.
The Warhawks were defeated by Florida Atlantic 76-71 on January 31st despite 25 points and 7 rebounds from Amos Olatayo. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 14.8 points per game and 0.5 blocks per game. The Golden Panthers were defeated by Middle Tennessee State 66-64 on January 31st despite 19 points and 10 rebounds from Tymell Murphy. He contributes a team-leading 15.3 points per game, 7.7 rebounds per game, and 1.1 blocks per game.
Florida International has a statistical edge over Louisiana-Monroe in one specific area, scoring, where the Golden Panthers have the upper hand over the Warhawks, 69 points per game to 58 points per game.
Florida International StatSmack
- Louisiana-Monroe is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Louisiana-Monroe is 76.0 inches compared to 75.0 inches for Florida International.
- Monroe isn't as congested as Miami (population is significantly lower).
- Trent Mackey is ranked 6th in the Sun Belt in three-pointers.
- Louisiana-Monroe beat Florida International by 4 points the last time they played (Jan 07, 2012).
- Louisiana-Monroe has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (42.29% to 38.75%).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Louisiana-Monroe has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Florida International (1 vs 0).
- Louisiana-Monroe is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Louisiana-Monroe is 199 lbs compared to 186 lbs for Florida International.
- At least you keep showing up. Louisiana-Monroe has an average margin of victory of 7 over Florida International in 4 wins since 2006.
- Jayon James is ranked 2nd in the Sun Belt in assists.
- The Louisiana-Monroe assist leader (Jayon James) has more assists than the Florida International assist leader (Deric Hill).
|C-||M. Porcher Jimenez||14||6||2||1||0||0||1|
|D||Joey De La Rosa||9||2||1||0||0||0||0|