Norfolk State vs. Coppin State: Full Game Preview
|Norfolk State||P Williams 13.2||R Gaston 6.2||J Fuentes 5.6|
|Coppin State||M Murray 12.4||M Murray 9.1||T Cephas 3.0|
Norfolk State visits Coppin Center on Saturday to take on Coppin State. It gets started at 4:00 EST. The Spartans defeated the Eagles 75-68 on January 19th and are 7-2 against them over the past four years.
Norfolk State is currently in 1st place in the MEAC and Coppin State is in 10th. Norfolk State will be looking to extend its six-game win streak.
In their last outing, behind 16 points and 6 rebounds from Pendarvis Williams, the Spartans defeated Hampton 74-67 on January 26th. He leads the team with 13.2 points per game. For the Eagles, Andre Armstrong finished with 27 points in the 63-62 loss to North Carolina A&T on January 28th. He contributes 1.3 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.2 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, Coppin State performs well in turnover percentage at 20.4. This ranks 2nd in the conference and 180th in the country.
Coppin State StatSmack
- The Norfolk State blocks leader (Brandon Goode) has more blocks than the Coppin State blocks leader (Charles Ieans).
- Norfolk State is better under pressure, and has defeated Coppin State in 5 out of the last 9 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Norfolk State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Norfolk State is 204 lbs compared to 191 lbs for Coppin State.
- Even computers respect Norfolk State more. We have a better RPI this season than Coppin State (RPI: #193 vs #283).
- We just win. Norfolk State has more wins over the last 5 years than Coppin State (90 vs 72).
- How does our back look? Norfolk State is ranked higher than Coppin State in the MEAC (#1 vs #10).
- Better not leave your building. Norfolk State has a better record on the road than Coppin State this season (6-8 vs 3-12).
- At least you keep showing up. Norfolk State has an average margin of victory of 8 over Coppin State in 17 wins since 1998.
- The Norfolk State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Coppin State (50% vs 18%).
- Jamel Fuentes is ranked 43rd nationally in assists and 6th in the MEAC in steals.
- Boom! Norfolk State defeated Coppin State by 7 points the last time they played (Jan 19, 2013).
|D||K. Lila-St. Rose||9||3||2||0||0||0||1|
|F||B. St. Louis||7||0||1||0||0||0||0|