|Oklahoma State||M Brown 14.8||P Jurick 7.2||M Smart 4.6|
|Kansas||B McLemore 16.1||J Withey 8.3||E Johnson 4.8|
No. 2 Kansas plays host to Oklahoma State at Allen Fieldhouse on Saturday. It gets started at 4:00 EST and you can see it on Big 12 Net, YES, MASN. The Jayhawks are 5-1 against the Cowboys over the last four years. They won 70-58 on 2/27/2012 the last time they played.
Kansas is in 1st place in the conference, Oklahoma State is in 5th place. Kansas has won 18 games straight.
In a 61-56 win over West Virginia on January 28th, Travis Releford put up 15 points for the Jayhawks. He is averaging 12.9 points per game and leads the team in steals with 1.4 per game. In a 78-76 victory over Iowa State on January 30th, Marcus Smart put up 21 points and 6 rebounds for the Cowboys. With 4.6 assists per game and 2.8 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Oklahoma State StatSmack
- Even computers respect Kansas more. We have a better RPI this season than Oklahoma State (RPI: #2 vs #39).
- The Kansas scoring leader (Ben McLemore) has more points than the Oklahoma State scoring leader (Markel Brown).
- Kansas is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Kansas is 78.2 inches compared to 77.2 inches for Oklahoma State.
- Elijah Johnson is ranked 4th in the Big 12 in assists.
- Kansas has a better conference record than Oklahoma State this season (7-0 vs 4-3).
- We beat real teams. Kansas has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Oklahoma State this season (7 vs 2).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Kansas has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Oklahoma State (32 vs 5).
- Kevin Young is ranked 9th in the Big 12 in rebounds.
- Kansas takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Oklahoma State (10 vs 5).
- At least you keep showing up. Kansas has an average margin of victory of 13 over Oklahoma State in 44 wins since 1980.
- AP voters think more highly of Kansas and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Oklahoma State (188 vs 63).
|C-||A. White III||6||3||2||0||0||0||1|