Quinnipiac vs. Wagner: Full Game Preview
|Quinnipiac||I Azotam 13.6||I Azotam 8.9||D Johnson 4.2|
|Wagner||J Williams 14.6||J Williams 7.2||K Ortiz 5.0|
On Saturday, Quinnipiac visits Spiro Sports Center to take on Wagner. It gets started at 4:00 EST. The Bobcats are 3-4 against the Seahawks over the last four years. They fell 51-50 on 1/28/2012, the last time they met.
Quinnipiac is in 8th place in the NEC and Wagner is in 2nd. Both teams continue to fight for position.
In their last match-up on January 31st, Ousmane Drame put up 19 points and 20 rebounds for the Bobcats in a loss to Mount St. Mary's, 77-73. He tallies 8.0 points per game and also adds 6.0 rebounds per game. In an 84-78 victory over Sacred Heart on January 31st, Kenneth Ortiz put up 17 points and 6 rebounds for the Seahawks. He leads the team in assists with 5.0 per game and steals with 1.9 per game.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Quinnipiac has a stronger schedule than Wagner this season (SOS Rank: #186 vs #256).
- The Quinnipiac three-point leader (Shaq Shannon) has more three-pointers than the Wagner three-point leader (Latif Rivers).
- Quinnipiac has a more potent offense, scoring more points (70.0 per game vs 61.4 per game) than Wagner this season.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Quinnipiac currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (975 to 965) than Wagner, per the NCAA.
- Ike Azotam is ranked 9th in the NEC in points, 38th nationally in rebounds, and 10th in the NEC in blocks.
- We just win. Quinnipiac has more wins over the last 5 years than Wagner (101 vs 93).
- The Quinnipiac scoring leader (Ike Azotam) has more points than the Wagner scoring leader (Jonathon Williams).
- Dave Johnson is ranked 7th in the NEC in assists.
- Ousmane Drame is ranked 8th in the NEC in blocks.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Quinnipiac has come back to win after being down at half against Wagner 4 times since 1998.
- Jamee Jackson is ranked 4th in the NEC in blocks.
|D||James Ford Jr||8||3||1||1||0||0||0|