|Notre Dame||J Cooley 14.5||J Cooley 11.0||E Atkins 6.3|
|DePaul||C Melvin 16.7||C Melvin 7.8||B Young 4.4|
DePaul plays host to Notre Dame at Allstate Arena on Saturday. It gets started at 2:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN 2. The Blue Demons are 0-4 against the Fighting Irish over the last four years. They fell 84-76 on 2/11/2012, the last time they met.
DePaul is 14th in the conference and Notre Dame is 4th. Both teams continue to jockey for position. DePaul is looking to recover from having lost five games in a row.
In their last match-up on January 30th, Brandon Young put up 21 points and 5 assists for the Blue Demons in a loss to St. John's, 79-74. He paces the team in assists per game with 4.4, and steals per game with 1.6. In a 65-60 victory over Villanova on January 30th, Jack Cooley put up 17 points and 16 rebounds for the Fighting Irish. He puts up a team-leading 14.5 points per game, 11.0 rebounds per game, and 1.2 blocks per game. Areas of strength for Notre Dame include: effective field goal percentage at 55.9 and turnover percentage at 16.7.
Notre Dame StatSmack
- Donnavan Kirk is ranked 5th in the Big East in blocks.
- The DePaul scoring leader (Cleveland Melvin) has more points than the Notre Dame scoring leader (Jack Cooley).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, DePaul has had more players drafted by the NBA than Notre Dame (2 vs 1).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? DePaul currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (984 to 1000) than Notre Dame, per the NCAA.
- The DePaul blocks leader (Donnavan Kirk) has more blocks than the Notre Dame blocks leader (Jack Cooley).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 DePaul has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Notre Dame (9 vs 6).
- At least you keep showing up. DePaul has an average margin of victory of 7 over Notre Dame in 20 wins since 1980.
- Cleveland Melvin is ranked 6th in the Big East in points and 4th in the Big East in rebounds.
- Brandon Young is ranked 6th in the Big East in points and 7th in the Big East in assists.
|D||D. Robertson Jr.||15||3||3||0||0||1||1|