|Lafayette||S Hinrichs 14.6||S Hinrichs 4.8||T Johnson 4.9|
|American University||S Lumpkins 15.0||S Lumpkins 9.4||D Munoz 3.4|
On Saturday, American University plays host to Lafayette at Bender Arena. Tip-off occurs at 2:00 EST and you can see it on CSN-MA. The Eagles are 9-1 against the Leopards over the last four years. They won 76-69 on 2/25/2012 the last time they played.
A win here would help close the gap with Lafayette in the Patriot, who are in 3rd place and just above American University in 5th place.
In their last outing, despite 13 points from Daniel Munoz, the Eagles fell to Bucknell 56-55 on January 30th. He is averaging 10.2 points per game while also contributing a team-high 3.4 assists per game. For the Leopards, Seth Hinrichs put up 24 points and 7 rebounds in the 69-40 blowout of Colgate on January 30th. With 14.6 points per game and 4.8 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Lafayette has an edge in a single key statistical category, scoring, where the Leopards have the upper hand over the Eagles, 67 points per game to 58 points per game.
- American University has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Lafayette (#160 vs #283).
- American University has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (57.53% to 42.86%).
- John Schoof is ranked 5th in the Patriot in three-pointers.
- Daniel Munoz is ranked 5th in the Patriot in assists.
- At least you keep showing up. American University has an average margin of victory of 10 over Lafayette in 24 wins since 1980.
- American University allows fewer rebounds (31.7 allowed per game vs 35.3 allowed per game) than Lafayette this season.
- American University players are more experienced than Lafayette players (11,935 minutes played vs 9,340 minutes played).
- American University has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Lafayette ($40,966 vs $52,174).
- Tony Wroblicky is ranked 9th in the Patriot in rebounds and 7th in the Patriot in blocks.
- We just win. American University has more wins over the last 5 years than Lafayette (105 vs 78).
- American University is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on American University is 201 lbs compared to 196 lbs for Lafayette.
|F||W. Flood Jr.||2||0||1||0||0||0||1|