Virginia Tech vs. North Carolina: Full Game Preview
|Virginia Tech||E Green 25.5||C Raines 6.7||E Green 4.2|
|North Carolina||J Michael McAdoo 14.7||J Michael McAdoo 8.5||M Paige 4.5|
North Carolina welcomes Virginia Tech to Dean E. Smith Center on Saturday. The game tips off at 12:00 EST and it can be seen on ACC Network. The Tar Heels are 5-1 against the Hokies over the last four years. They won 82-68 on 1/19/2012 the last time they played.
North Carolina is 5th in the conference and Virginia Tech is 10th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The 17 points and 10 rebounds by James Michael McAdoo helped the Tar Heels to an 82-70 victory over Boston College on January 29th. He leads the team with 14.7 points per game and 8.5 rebounds per game. For the Hokies, Erick Green finished with 30 points in the 73-64 loss to Miami (FL) on January 30th. He contributes a team-leading 25.5 points per game, 4.2 assists per game, and 1.4 steals per game.
North Carolina appears to have a key statistical advantage over Virginia Tech in one area, assists, where the Tar Heels have an edge over the Hokies, 18 per game to 11 per game.
Virginia Tech StatSmack
- Marcus Paige is ranked 4th in the ACC in assists.
- Reggie Bullock is ranked 2nd in the ACC in three-pointers.
- North Carolina is better under pressure, and has defeated Virginia Tech in 4 out of the last 6 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- The North Carolina three-point leader (Reggie Bullock) has more three-pointers than the Virginia Tech three-point leader (Jarell Eddie).
- We just win. North Carolina has more wins over the last 5 years than Virginia Tech (165 vs 114).
- We make our fans proud. North Carolina has a better record at home than Virginia Tech this season (9-1 vs 8-3).
- North Carolina has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Virginia Tech (#28 vs #71).
- Even computers respect North Carolina more. We have a better RPI this season than Virginia Tech (RPI: #33 vs #148).
- North Carolina is a better three-point shooting team (37.1% vs 31.6%) than Virginia Tech this season.
- P.J. Hairston is ranked 6th in the ACC in three-pointers.
- North Carolina has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (76.24% to 53.50%).
|D+||J. van Zegeren||16||4||3||0||0||1||1|