|Miami||D Scott 13.8||R Johnson 9.2||S Larkin 4.0|
|NC State||C Leslie 15.6||R Howell 11.0||L Brown 6.9|
No. 14 Miami (FL) visits PNC Arena on Saturday to take on No. 19 NC State. Tip-off is at 4:00 EST and you can catch it on CBS. The Hurricanes are 1-5 against the Wolfpack over the last four years. They lost 77-73 the last time they played (2/29/2012).
Miami (FL) is 1st in the conference and NC State is 4th. Both teams continue to jockey for position. Miami (FL) has won eight games straight.
In their last game, Shane Larkin put up 25 points in the Hurricanes 73-64 win over Virginia Tech on January 30th. On top of his scoring average of 12.9 points per game, he delivers 4.3 rebounds per game. For the Wolfpack, Richard Howell finished with 12 points and 11 rebounds in the 58-55 loss to Virginia on January 29th. He leads the team in rebounds with 11.0 per game and blocks with 1.0 per game. Areas of strength for NC State include: effective field goal percentage at 54.9 and free throw rate at 41.8.
NC State StatSmack
- Miami has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (44% vs 55%).
- Miami has a better scoring defense (58.1 allowed per game vs 69.6 allowed per game) than NC State this season.
- We just win. Miami has more wins over the last 5 years than NC State (118 vs 106).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Miami is superior to NC State (Latest AP Poll: #14 vs #19).
- Even computers respect Miami more. We have a better RPI this season than NC State (RPI: #2 vs #19).
- Miami does a better job contesting shots (36.6% allowed vs 40.9% allowed) than NC State this season.
- Miami has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than NC State according to Kiplinger (66.5% vs 37%).
- The Miami blocks leader (Julian Gamble) has more blocks than the NC State blocks leader (Richard Howell).
- Julian Gamble is ranked 4th in the ACC in blocks.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Miami currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (980 to 974) than NC State, per the NCAA.
|D+||Thomas de Thaey||9||5||2||0||0||0||0|