Ball State vs. Bowling Green: Full Game Preview
|Ball State||J Berry 12.9||M Majok 10.4||M Posley 2.9|
|Bowling Green||J Crawford 15.9||A Calhoun 7.7||J Crawford 4.2|
Ball State travels to Stroh Center on Saturday to take on Bowling Green. Tip-off is at 2:00 EST. The Cardinals are 1-3 against the Falcons over the last four years. They fell 61-54 on 2/8/2012, the last time they met.
Bowling Green and Ball State share 8th place in the MAC.
The Cardinals were defeated by Toledo 85-78 on January 30th despite 23 points and 6 rebounds from Jauwan Scaife. He is averaging 12.8 points and 2.8 rebounds per game. For the Falcons, A`uston Calhoun finished with 11 points and 11 rebounds in the 68-55 loss to Akron on January 30th. He is averaging 15.5 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 7.7 per game. Bowling Green will hope to exploit their strength in turnover percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 19.0 in this area ranks 2nd in the conference and 106th in the country.
Bowling Green StatSmack
- Majok Majok is ranked 39th nationally in rebounds.
- Ball State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (55.79% to 51.33%).
- The Ball State steals leader (Chris Bond) has more steals than the Bowling Green steals leader (Jordon Crawford).
- The Ball State rebounding leader (Majok Majok) has more rebounds than the Bowling Green rebounding leader (A`uston Calhoun).
- Jesse Berry is ranked 7th in the MAC in three-pointers.
- Ball State allows fewer rebounds (32.1 allowed per game vs 35.8 allowed per game) than Bowling Green this season.
- It must sting. Ball State has blown out Bowling Green by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 1997.
- Even computers respect Ball State more. We have a better RPI this season than Bowling Green (RPI: #251 vs #299).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Ball State has come back to win after being down at half against Bowling Green 4 times since 1996.
- Chris Bond is ranked 45th nationally in steals.
- Ball State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Ball State is 221 lbs compared to 204 lbs for Bowling Green.