|Lipscomb||M Smith 12.4||S Hurt 8.0||K Sankey 3.4|
|East Tenn State||L Wilson 15.5||L Wilson 5.7||S Cooley 3.5|
East Tennessee State hosts Lipscomb at Memorial Center on Saturday. It starts at 4:00 EST. The Buccaneers fell to the Bisons 60-56 on January 5th and are 5-4 against them over the last four years.
Lipscomb is in 8th place in the Atlantic Sun and needs to catch East Tennessee State, who is currently in 7th place.
In their last match-up on January 31st, Jarvis Jones put up 23 points and 6 assists for the Buccaneers in a loss to Northern Kentucky, 70-68. His 16.2 points per game is the highest mark on the team. For the Bisons, Khion Sankey finished with 10 points and 14 rebounds in the 83-71 loss to USC Upstate on January 31st. He averages 8.6 points per game in addition to a team-best 3.4 assists per game.
Analyzing the differences between the teams, Lipscomb has an edge in one important area, rebounding, where the Bisons have the upper hand over the Buccaneers, 38 per game to 30 per game. Lipscomb will hope to exploit their strength in free throw rate in this matchup. Their mark of 44.9 in this area ranks 1st in the conference and 14th in the country.
- The East Tennessee State three-point leader (Lester Wilson) has more three-pointers than the Lipscomb three-point leader (Deonte Alexander).
- We just win. East Tennessee State has more wins over the last 5 years than Lipscomb (109 vs 87).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. East Tennessee State has a stronger schedule than Lipscomb this season (SOS Rank: #149 vs #204).
- The East Tennessee State scoring leader (Lester Wilson) has more points than the Lipscomb scoring leader (Stephen Hurt).
- Johnson City isn't as congested as Nashville (population is significantly lower).
- East Tennessee State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (58.92% to 51.03%).
- Hunter Harris is ranked 9th in the Atlantic Sun in rebounds and 6th in the Atlantic Sun in blocks.
- East Tennessee State is better under pressure, and has defeated Lipscomb in 9 out of the last 13 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- The East Tennessee State steals leader (Jarvis Jones) has more steals than the Lipscomb steals leader (Deonte Alexander).