Rhode Island vs. Butler: Full Game Preview
|Rhode Island||X Munford 17.4||N Malesevic 4.9||M Powell 3.5|
|Butler||R Clarke 16.7||R Jones 5.5||R Jones 3.6|
On Saturday, No. 9 Butler plays host to Rhode Island at Hinkle Fieldhouse. Tip-off is at 4:00 EST and it can be seen on CBSSN.
Rhode Island is in 15th place in the conference and Butler is in 3rd place.
In their last match-up on January 31st, Rotnei Clarke put up 17 points for the Bulldogs in a loss to Saint Louis, 75-58. His 16.7 points per game is the highest mark on the team. For the Rams, Andre Malone finished with 11 points in the 70-64 loss to Virginia Commonwealth on January 30th. He is averaging 10.6 points and 4.2 rebounds per game.
Butler has an advantage in a single key statistical area, scoring, where the Bulldogs have an edge over the Rams, 71 points per game to 61 points per game.
Rhode Island StatSmack
- Even computers respect Butler more. We have a better RPI this season than Rhode Island (RPI: #10 vs #166).
- The Butler three-point leader (Rotnei Clarke) has more three-pointers than the Rhode Island three-point leader (Xavier Munford).
- The Butler rebounding leader (Roosevelt Jones) has more rebounds than the Rhode Island rebounding leader (Nikola Malesevic).
- Butler has a more potent offense, scoring more points (71.6 per game vs 61.7 per game) than Rhode Island this season.
- Roosevelt Jones is ranked 8th in the A-10 in assists.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Butler has had more players drafted by the NBA than Rhode Island (2 vs 0).
- Kellen Dunham is ranked 9th in the A-10 in three-pointers.
- How does our back look? Butler is ranked higher than Rhode Island in the A-10 (#1 vs #15).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Butler has a stronger schedule than Rhode Island this season (SOS Rank: #21 vs #47).
- Rhode Island has been ducking Butler for over 30 years.
- Butler has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Rhode Island (2 vs 0).