Dayton vs. Saint Louis: Full Game Preview
|Dayton||K Dillard 14.8||D Oliver 8.5||K Dillard 4.9|
|Saint Louis||D Evans 11.0||D Evans 6.5||J Jett 3.6|
Saint Louis hosts Dayton at Chaifetz Arena on Saturday. The game tips off at 2:00 EST and you can catch it on NBCSN. The Billikens are 5-3 against the Flyers over the last four years. They won 58-50 on 2/4/2012 the last time they played.
Saint Louis is 3rd in the A-10 and Dayton is in 12th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In their last game, Jordair Jett put up 19 points in the Billikens 75-58 romp of Butler on January 31st. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 3.6 assists per game and 1.6 steals per game. For the Flyers, Kevin Dillard put up 12 points and 5 assists in the 66-61 loss to Xavier on January 30th. He contributes a team-leading 14.8 points per game, 4.9 assists per game, and 1.3 steals per game.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Saint Louis has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Dayton (1 vs 0).
- The Saint Louis steals leader (Jordair Jett) has more steals than the Dayton steals leader (Kevin Dillard).
- It's only wins and losses, but Saint Louis has a better overall record than Dayton this season (14-5 vs 12-8).
- The Saint Louis blocks leader (Cory Remekun) has more blocks than the Dayton blocks leader (Josh Benson).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Saint Louis has a stronger schedule than Dayton this season (SOS Rank: #94 vs #102).
- Even computers respect Saint Louis more. We have a better RPI this season than Dayton (RPI: #68 vs #114).
- Saint Louis has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Dayton (#88 vs #110).
- At least you keep showing up. Saint Louis has an average margin of victory of 14 over Dayton in 21 wins since 1980.
- How does our back look? Saint Louis is ranked higher than Dayton in the A-10 (#7 vs #12).
- Saint Louis has a better scoring defense (57.8 allowed per game vs 64.6 allowed per game) than Dayton this season.
- Saint Louis beat Dayton by 8 points the last time they played (Feb 04, 2012).
|B-||Mike McCall Jr||31||11||3||3||1||0||2|