Robert Morris vs. Long Island: Full Game Preview
|Robert Morris||K Anderson 12.7||R Johnson 6.1||V Jones 5.2|
|Long Island||J Olasewere 18.7||J Olasewere 8.2||J Brickman 8.4|
On Saturday, Long Island hosts Robert Morris at Athletic, Recreation & Wellness Center. It gets started at 3:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN U. The Blackbirds are 4-4 against the Colonials over the last four years. The last time they met (3/7/2012) they won 90-73.
Both teams share 2nd place in the conference. Long Island is rolling, currently on a six-game winning streak.
In their last match-up, Booker Hucks finished with 20 points in the Blackbirds 82-62 blowout of St. Francis (PA) on January 31st. He contributes 2.1 rebounds per game in addition to his 6.2 points per game. For the Colonials, Russell Johnson finished with 8 points and 15 rebounds in the 71-61 loss to St. Francis (NY) on January 31st. He is averaging 8.9 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 6.1 per game.
Robert Morris StatSmack
- The Long Island rebounding leader (Jamal Olasewere) has more rebounds than the Robert Morris rebounding leader (Lucky Jones).
- Long Island players are more experienced than Robert Morris players (16,584 minutes played vs 15,514 minutes played).
- The Long Island basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Robert Morris (78% vs 64%).
- Julian Boyd is ranked 10th in the NEC in points and 6th in the NEC in blocks.
- Long Island embarrassed Robert Morris by 17 points the last time they played (Mar 07, 2012).
- E.J. Reed is ranked 7th in the NEC in blocks.
- Long Island is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Long Island is 194 lbs compared to 187 lbs for Robert Morris.
- Brandon Thompson is ranked 8th in the NEC in three-pointers.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Long Island has come back to win after being down at half against Robert Morris 3 times since 2009.
- The Long Island assist leader (Jason Brickman) has more assists than the Robert Morris assist leader (Velton Jones).
- The Long Island scoring leader (Jamal Olasewere) has more points than the Robert Morris scoring leader (Karvel Anderson).