Cal State Northridge outrebounded Cal State Fullerton 47-27 and got a victory on the road against the Titans 92-86 in conference play on Thursday, January 31st. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. The Matadors got a double-double out of Josh Greene with a team-high 24 points and 10 rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). Stephen Maxwell got a double-double as well with 16 points and 11 rebounds. Kwame Vaughn finished with a game-high 28 points and eight assists for the Titans. Next up for Cal State Northridge (11-11, 2-8 Big West) is UC Riverside (5-16, 2-7 Big West) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Cal State Northridge Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:18 left to go.
- CSUN beat the spread by 13.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Matadors have beaten the spread.
- The Matadors have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 92 or more total points.
- This season Cal State Northridge has won 89% of the time (8-1) when Josh Greene has 4 assists or more.
- The top two scorers (Josh Greene and Tre Hale-Edmerson) accounted for 44.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Stephen Maxwell and Josh Greene) accounted for 44.6% of the rebounds.
- Josh Greene has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 22 games this season.
- Stephen Maxwell has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Josh Greene's career.
- Josh Greene recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 2nd of his career.
- Josh Greene had career highs with 10 rebounds and 8 defensive rebounds.
- Stephen Maxwell recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Stephen Maxwell has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Stephen Maxwell recorded a double-double. It was his 9th this season and 12th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Allan Guei.
Cal State Fullerton Game Notes
- Cal State Fullerton lost and did not cover the spread.
- Kwame Vaughn accounted for 32.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (D.J. Seeley and Kwame Vaughn) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Kwame Vaughn has led the team in scoring 8 times in 21 games this season.
- D.J. Seeley has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Kwame Vaughn's career.
- Kwame Vaughn has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Kwame Vaughn.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of D.J. Seeley's career.
- D.J. Seeley has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Sammy Yeager's career.