Utah State 77
(15-5, 5-2 away)
(8-12, 4-6 home)
Venue: Cowan Spectrum
10:05PM ET / 7:05PM PT, January 31, 2013
||J Shaw 27
||S Butterfield 10
||S Butterfield 4
||C Hill 14
||K Barone 7
||M McChristian 4
Utah State squared off with Idaho on Thursday, January 31st and won on the road against the Vandals 77-67 in WAC play. With the win, the Aggies remain undefeated against Idaho this season at 2-0. Jarred Shaw played brilliantly for the Aggies and put up a career-high 27 points and nine rebounds. Spencer Butterfield got a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds. For the Vandals, Kyle Barone got 11 points and seven rebounds. Next up for Utah State (15-5, 6-4 WAC) is Seattle (7-13, 2-8 WAC) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Utah State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:14 left to go.
- Utah State started 15-5 during the 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 1999, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- USU beat the spread by 15.0 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Aggies have beaten the spread.
- The Aggies have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 77 or more total points.
- Utah State has won 78% of the time this season (7-2) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- USU has won 79% of the time this season (11-3) when opponents record 67 or fewer total points.
- This season Utah State has won 78% of the time (7-2) when Spencer Butterfield has 11 points or more, 71% of the time (5-2) when Jarred Shaw plays 32 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (6-0) when Marcel Davis has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Aggies have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Utah State has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Jarred Shaw recorded a team season high in points with 27 and field goals made with 12.
- Jarred Shaw accounted for 35.0% of the team's points.
- Spencer Butterfield accounted for 37.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Jarred Shaw has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 20 games this season.
- Spencer Butterfield has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 20 games this season.
- Spencer Butterfield recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Spencer Butterfield has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Spencer Butterfield recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Jarred Shaw's career.
- Jarred Shaw had career highs with 27 points and 12 field goals made.
Idaho Game Notes
- Idaho lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Connor Hill and Stephen Madison) accounted for 41.7% of the points.
- Kyle Barone accounted for 43.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Connor Hill has led the team in scoring 5 times in 20 games this season.
- Kyle Barone has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 20 games this season.
- Kyle Barone has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Stephen Madison has 9 straight double-digit point games.
|B||R. Harris Jr.||21||13||0||3||0||0||1|