(15-4, 6-3 away)
Portland State 68
(5-13, 5-3 home)
Venue: Stott Center
10:35PM ET / 7:35PM PT, January 31, 2013
||W Cherry 16
||W Cherry 7
||W Cherry 6
||A Moore 14
||M Whitmore 9
||G Winston 6
Montana squared off with Portland State on Thursday, January 31st and got a road win against the Vikings 81-68 in conference action. With the win, the Grizzlies remain undefeated against Portland State this season at 2-0. Will Cherry played brilliantly for the Grizzlies and put up a game-high 16 points and seven rebounds (6 Ast 3 Stl). Spencer Coleman had 12 points and added four rebounds. Martin Whitmore finished with 10 points and nine rebounds for the Vikings. Next up for Montana (15-4, 11-0 Big Sky) is Eastern Washington (6-15, 4-7 Big Sky) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Montana Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:30 left to go.
- The win over Portland State extended the Montana winning streak to 11 games.
- UM beat the spread by 8.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Grizzlies have beaten the spread.
- The Grizzlies have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 81 or more total points.
- Montana has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its three-point percentage has been 46.2% or better.
- UM has won 92% of the time this season (12-1) when opponents record 68 or fewer total points.
- UM has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after holding an opponent to under 30.8% three-point percentage.
- This season Montana has won 91% of the time (10-1) when Mathias Ward has 15 points or more, 100% of the time (4-0) when Will Cherry plays 38 minutes or more, and 77% of the time (10-3) when Kareem Jamar has 4 field goals made or more.
- The Grizzlies set a season high for field goal percentage.
- The last time UM had a field goal percentage of 56.0% or higher was Feb 18, 2012 against Hawaii.
- The Grizzlies have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Will Cherry accounted for 30.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Will Cherry has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Spencer Coleman has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Mathias Ward has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Portland State Game Notes
- Portland State lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Vikings losing streak to 5 games.
- The top two rebounders (Martin Whitmore and Renado Parker) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Aaron Moore has led the team in scoring 7 times in 18 games this season.
- Gary Winston set a career high with 6 assists.
- Aaron Moore has 4 straight double-digit point games.