(15-4, 6-3 away)
Portland State 68
(5-13, 5-3 home)
Venue: Stott Center
10:35PM ET / 7:35PM PT, January 31, 2013
||W Cherry 16
||W Cherry 7
||W Cherry 6
||A Moore 14
||M Whitmore 9
||G Winston 6
On Thursday, January 31st, Portland State took on Montana and was beaten at home by the Grizzlies 81-68 in conference play. The Vikings stay winless against Montana this season at 0-2. Martin Whitmore put up 10 points and nine rebounds in a losing effort. Lamont Prosser scored a season-high seven points. For the Grizzlies, Will Cherry got a game-high 16 points and seven rebounds (6 Ast 3 Stl). Portland State (5-13, 3-8 Big Sky) hosts Montana State (9-10, 6-5 Big Sky) on Saturday, February 2nd.
Portland State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:30 left to go.
- Portland State started 5-13 during the 2000 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Portland State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 4 or fewer three-pointers.
- The Vikings have lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after having a three-point percentage of 30.8% or worse.
- When the opposition records 81 or more total points this season, Portland State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 19 or more free throws made this season, Portland State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 46.2% or better this season, Portland State has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- PSU set a season low for steals.
- The Vikings have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 5 games.
- Portland State has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 6 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--PSU has a 5.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Martin Whitmore and Renado Parker) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Aaron Moore has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 18 games this season.
- Gary Winston had a career high with 6 assists.
- Aaron Moore has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Montana Game Notes
- Will Cherry accounted for 30.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Will Cherry has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Spencer Coleman has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Mathias Ward has 3 straight double-digit point games.