(7) Gonzaga 88
(20-2, 6-1 away)
Loyola Marymount 43
(8-13, 5-5 home)
Venue: Gersten Pavilion
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||G Bell 15
||P Karnowski 8
||D Stockton 7
||A Ireland 19
||A Egbeyemi 7
||N Stover 2
In a game where the Lions mustered only 25% from the floor, No. 7 Gonzaga smoked Loyola Marymount 88-43 in conference action. The game lacked drama, as Gonzaga led 46-18 at the half and never allowed Loyola Marymount back in it. The Bulldogs were led by Sam Dower, who put up 13 points plus six rebounds. Kelly Olynyk had a team-high 15 points and added six rebounds. For the Lions, Anthony Ireland got a game-high 19 points, including 5-of-10 shooting from three-point range. The next game will be on Saturday, February 2nd when Gonzaga (20-2, 7-0 West Coast) travels to San Diego (11-11, 4-3 West Coast).
Gonzaga Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 13:34 left to go.
- The last time Zags started the season 20-2 was 2003.
- The win over Loyola Marymount extended the Gonzaga winning streak to 3 games.
- Zags beat the spread by 29.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- This was the 9th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Zags has been on the winning end of 57 blowout games.
- The Bulldogs have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 88 or more total points.
- Gonzaga has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 54.4% or better.
- Gonzaga has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Zags has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 7 or fewer free throws made.
- Zags has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 30.8% three-point percentage.
- This season Gonzaga has won 92% of the time (11-1) when Kelly Olynyk has 15 points or more, 100% of the time (4-0) when Gary Bell has 5 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when David Stockton has 7 assists or more.
- The Bulldogs set season highs for blocks, three-pointers, and three-point percentage.
- The last time Zags had a three-point percentage of 61.9% or higher was Dec 16, 2010 against Lewis-Clark State.
- The bench recorded more points (47) than the starters (41).
- Kelly Olynyk has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 22 games this season.
- David Stockton had a career high with 7 assists.
- Kelly Olynyk has 17 straight double-digit point games.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- Loyola Marymount lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, LMU has been on the losing end of 37 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Lions losing streak to 5 games.
- Anthony Ireland accounted for 44.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ayodeji Egbeyemi and Marin Mornar) accounted for 41.9% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring 17 times in 21 games this season.
- Ayodeji Egbeyemi has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 21 games this season.
- Anthony Ireland has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Ireland set a career high with 5 three-pointers.
- Ashley Hamilton set a career high with 4 steals.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Alex Osborne.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Godwin Okonji.
|C||Guy Landry Edi||16||0||0||3||0||0||0|