(7) Gonzaga 88
(20-2, 6-1 away)
Loyola Marymount 43
(8-13, 5-5 home)
Venue: Gersten Pavilion
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||G Bell 15
||P Karnowski 8
||D Stockton 7
||A Ireland 19
||A Egbeyemi 7
||N Stover 2
Loyola Marymount was blown out by No. 7 Gonzaga 88-43 in conference play in a game where they shot only 25%. It was over at the half, as Gonzaga jumped out to a 46-18 lead and never looked back. Anthony Ireland guided the Lions and got a game-high 19 points, shooting 5 of 10 from three-point range. Ayodeji Egbeyemi had nine points and added seven rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Sam Dower finished with 13 points and six rebounds. Loyola Marymount (8-13, 1-7 West Coast) gets San Diego (11-11, 4-3 West Coast) at home on Monday, February 4th.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 13:34 left to go.
- Loyola Marymount started 8-13 during the 2010, 2006, and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, LMU played 12 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 3-9.
- Loyola Marymount has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 7 or fewer free throws made.
- The Lions have lost 80% of the time this season (2-8) after having a three-point percentage of 30.8% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 54.4% or better this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition commits 10 or fewer turnovers this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 5 or more blocks this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- LMU set season lows for field goals made, field goal percentage, and total points.
- Loyola Marymount has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--LMU has a 3.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Anthony Ireland accounted for 44.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ayodeji Egbeyemi and Marin Mornar) accounted for 41.9% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring in 17 out of 21 games this season.
- Ayodeji Egbeyemi has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 21 games this season.
- Anthony Ireland has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Ireland had a career high with 5 three-pointers.
- Ashley Hamilton had a career high with 4 steals.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Alex Osborne.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Godwin Okonji.
Gonzaga Game Notes
- The bench recorded more points (47) than the starters (41).
- Kelly Olynyk has led the team in scoring 9 times in 22 games this season.
- David Stockton set a career high with 7 assists.
- Kelly Olynyk has 17 straight double-digit point games.
|C||Guy Landry Edi||16||0||0||3||0||0||0|