Arizona State 63
(17-4, 4-1 away)
Washington State 59
(11-10, 10-4 home)
Venue: Beasley Coliseum
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||J Carson 25
||C Felix 11
||C Colvin 5
||R Woolridge 16
||B Motum 11
||R Woolridge 4
Arizona State got a victory on the road against Washington State 63-59 in Pac 12 play on Thursday, January 31st. The Sun Devils got the win with a game-high 25 points from Jahii Carson on 53% shooting in 36 minutes. Carrick Felix got a double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds. For the Cougars, Mike Ladd got 14 points and seven rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, February 2nd when Arizona State (17-4, 6-2 Pac 12) travels to Washington (12-9, 4-4 Pac 12).
Arizona State Game Notes
- The win over Washington State extended the Arizona State winning streak to 3 games.
- ASU beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Sun Devils have beaten the spread.
- The Sun Devils have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Arizona State has won 27 close games.
- Arizona State has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) when its three-point percentage has been 35.5% or better.
- ASU has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 59 or fewer total points.
- ASU has won 100% of the time this season (12-0) after holding an opponent to under 39.6% field goal percentage.
- This season Arizona State has won 83% of the time (15-3) when Carrick Felix has 11 points or more, 85% of the time (11-2) when Jahii Carson plays 36 minutes or more, and 88% of the time (7-1) when Evan Gordon has 3 three-pointers or more.
- ASU set season lows for free throws made and turnovers.
- This is the 3rd win of the season where the Sun Devils came back after being down at halftime.
- Jahii Carson accounted for 39.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Carrick Felix and Jonathan Gilling) accounted for 45.9% of the rebounds.
- Jahii Carson has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 21 games this season.
- Carrick Felix has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 21 games this season.
- Evan Gordon has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Jahii Carson's career.
- Jahii Carson has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Carrick Felix recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Carrick Felix has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Carrick Felix recorded a double-double. It was the 8th of his career.
Washington State Game Notes
- Washington State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Cougars have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Washington State has lost 31 close games.
- The top two scorers (Royce Woolridge and Mike Ladd) accounted for 50.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Brock Motum and Mike Ladd) accounted for 47.3% of the rebounds.
- Brock Motum has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 21 games this season.
- Brock Motum recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Brock Motum has 21 straight double-digit point games.
- Brock Motum recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 6th of his career.
- Brock Motum set career highs with 11 rebounds and 9 defensive rebounds.
- Mike Ladd has 9 straight double-digit point games.