Arizona State 63
(17-4, 4-1 away)
Washington State 59
(11-10, 10-4 home)
Venue: Beasley Coliseum
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, January 31, 2013
||J Carson 25
||C Felix 11
||C Colvin 5
||R Woolridge 16
||B Motum 11
||R Woolridge 4
Washington State faced off with Arizona State on Thursday, January 31st and lost at home against the Sun Devils 63-59 in conference play. The Cougars were paced by Mike Ladd, who put up 14 points and seven rebounds. Royce Woolridge had a team-high 16 points and added four assists. For the Sun Devils, Jahii Carson got a game-high 25 points on 53% shooting. Washington State (11-9, 2-6 Pac 12) gets eighth-ranked Arizona (18-2, 6-2 Pac 12) on their home court on Saturday, February 2nd.
Washington State Game Notes
- Washington State started 11-10 during the 2011, 2005, 2003, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The Cougars have been unlucky 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Washington State has lost 31 close games.
- The Cougars have lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after having a field goal percentage of 39.6% or worse.
- Washington State has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after recording 19 or fewer field goals made.
- When the opposition records 37 or more rebounds this season, Washington State has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- WSU set a season low for blocks.
- Washington State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 5th loss of the season where the Cougars opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--WSU has a 8.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Royce Woolridge and Mike Ladd) accounted for 50.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Brock Motum and Mike Ladd) accounted for 47.3% of the rebounds.
- Brock Motum has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 21 games this season.
- Brock Motum recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Brock Motum has 21 straight double-digit point games.
- Brock Motum recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 6th of his career.
- Brock Motum had career highs with 11 rebounds and 9 defensive rebounds.
- Mike Ladd has 9 straight double-digit point games.
Arizona State Game Notes
- Jahii Carson accounted for 39.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Carrick Felix and Jonathan Gilling) accounted for 45.9% of the rebounds.
- Jahii Carson has led the team in scoring 13 times in 21 games this season.
- Carrick Felix has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 21 games this season.
- Evan Gordon has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Jahii Carson's career.
- Jahii Carson has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Carrick Felix recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Carrick Felix has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Carrick Felix recorded a double-double. It was the 8th of his career.